Área: Research & Communication Office
Fundación Platoniq designs digital participative tools and processes and facilitates innovative methodologies to help build more democratic and fair societies and organizations using open civic technologies.
It is also the creative force behind the civic crowdfunding platform Goteo.org, through which it finances initiatives with a social impact - at regional, national and international level -, promotes cooperativism and strengthens the Social and Solidarity Economy as a whole. For this reason, the Foundation is a member of the XES (Xarxa d'Economia Solidària de Catalunya).
Every year Fundación Platoniq trains an average of 250 people in their workshops on ICT, Design Thinking, Deliberation and Civic Crowdfunding, and participates in more than 20 national and international events on technology and culture, attended by over 10,000 people.
The Foundation promotes transparency, collaborative and ethical economy, democratic innovation and the replicability of experiences.
Platoniq’s Research and Communication office is looking for a researcher focused on dissemination and publication of in-depth articles on democracy, dialogue and deliberation with facilitation knowledge. The functions will be developed within the European projects in which the Foundation participates, as well as transversally to the Foundation Mission.
We are looking for someone able to navigate the worlds of academic literature, with a high adaptability to understand and contextualize practical actions and processes as well as case development. Among other tasks, he/she/they would be responsible for the data search to illustrate the overview of a project or one of its workshops in the preparatory phase, as well as to establish relationships and find inspiring cases to implement ideas that have emerged in the collective process, design and processing of surveys...
We are at a key moment for the Foundation, after a takeover in which the communities of Goteo and Platoniq, formerly two separate organizations, have merged. This is why we need to recruit a curious and analytical person who could play an important role in the Foundation's strategy. We also value the ability to work with technologies that enable coordination and communication between the team (i.e. Asana, Gdocs, Box, Miro, Mentimeter etc)
- Conduct in-depth interviews, focus groups and surveys with beneficiaries and partners of the projects in which the Foundation participates.
- Generate reports and deliverables in coordination with colleagues involved in projects.
- Participate in the production of training events and workshops.
- Provide anthropological context to workshops, prepare contents and references (theoretical framework and data)
- Co- write European project proposals related research activities and reports
- Design methodologies and research activities in European project Work Packages
- Manage the digital participation platform (Decidim) in the framework of citizen participation projects
- Relationship management with partners, represent the Foundation in meetings and networking
- Methodological and creative design of workshops and delivery of workshops.
- Research design and data analysis in internal and collaborative projects
- Write deep dives and papers that contextualize with data and references the Foundation's actions and hypotheses
- Disseminate the results and achievements of European projects from the Foundation Strategic Plan approach
- Extract and share good practices from projects
- Participate in the organization's internal processes (strategic planning, communication office meetings, project coordination meetings).
- Participate in the impact measurement of the organization's activities
- PHD candidate
- University degree in social sciences, political science, journalism, digital communication, philosophy or similar; or related university training and 4 years of full-time research experience
- Experience and interest in in-depth research on deliberative democracy and social justice
- Experience with impact design and evaluation frameworks
- Knowledge and experience in quantitative and qualitative social research methods, data analysis and statistics, and impact measurement
- Data visualization and data processing tools and language knowledge, from an intersectionality perspective
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English
- Initiative, proactivity, enthusiasm to face new challenges
- Self-knowledge and attitude of permanent learning and innovation
- Feminist and inclusive approach and overview
- Change adaptability, teamwork and autonomy
- Availability to travel throughout Europe
- We will also value training and experience in data visualization and storytelling.
- Approximate start date in May 2023
- Part time (20 working hours per week) permanent contract, 6 months probationary period
- If you are available and interested in working more than 20 hours, we can consider it.
- Starting salary between 12.027€ and 13.064 € gross per year (for 20 hours per week). Review possibilities at 6 month tenure
- 23 working days of holiday + between 5 and 8 extra days of rest
- Flexible working hours
- You can work from the Barcelona office, Palma de Mallorca or remotely. If you work remotely we want to see you at least a couple of days a month.
- Work on significant high-impact projects related to civic engagement, open technologies, open data, participation and transparency.
- Annual foundation retreat where we spend 3 days together. Throughout the year we also have other face-to-face moments
- Coffee and tea in the office
- Bring your dog to work
Work in Fundación Platoniq
The team is divided in different cities so although some of us meet physically almost every day in the offices in Palma or Barcelona, we coordinate digitally most of the time. The whole team meets at least once a year for the strategic and care summit.
Despite being a remote team, we really appreciate the occasions when we can meet up with our teammates, whether in teams or with the whole organization - these will be moments rich in emotions! At Platoniq we face the daily challenge of collectively organizing work oriented towards democratic innovation and citizen empowerment, in a way that is coherent with our values and organizational principles. To this end, the people in the team are distributed according to their skills, knowledge and experience in interdependent functional units that we call offices.
The Research and communication office is one of these 4 offices along with Hybrid Participation, Inclusive Democratic Innovation and Strategic Planning and Administration. The Research and communication office assists in the design of desirable and socially transformative futures through culture, research and communication. It is responsible for prototyping and establishing collaborative devices and environments that enable the development and dissemination of citizen participation processes and methodologies. In addition, as a sign of our desire and commitment, we have created the Care and Organizational Health Commission, whose mission is to promote and ensure that the cultural change process is carried out to enable the development and care of the Platoniq team.
How to apply
Do you identify with this role? Write an email to email@example.com and send us your CV with a motivation letter, telling us why you are interested in working with us and what you can bring to the Foundation and specifically in the role described. Please include "Researcher" in the subject line.
We are committed to creating equal opportunities for all, regardless of background and nationality. For this reason, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from racialised people, people with functional diversity and people who identify as LGTBQ*IA.
On behalf of Fundación Platoniq we process the information you provide for purposes related solely and exclusively to this recruitment process. The data provided will be kept until the end of this process or until you exercise your right of withdrawal. Therefore, you have the right to access your personal data, rectify inaccurate data or request its deletion when the data is no longer necessary. You may exercise this right by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The data will not be passed on to third parties