Area: Hybrid Participation Office
Fundación Platoniq designs digital participative tools and processes and facilitates innovative methodologies to help build more democratic and fair societies and organizations using open civic technologies.
It is also the creative force behind the civic crowdfunding platform Goteo.org, through which it finances initiatives with a social impact - at regional, national and international level -, promotes cooperativism and strengthens the Social and Solidarity Economy as a whole. For this reason, the Foundation is a member of the XES (Xarxa d'Economia Solidària de Catalunya).
Every year Fundación Platoniq trains an average of 250 people in their workshops on ICT, Design Thinking, Deliberation and Civic Crowdfunding, and participates in more than 20 national and international events on technology and culture, attended by over 10,000 people.
The Foundation promotes transparency, collaborative and ethical economy, democratic innovation and the replicability of experiences.
To reinforce our team, Platoniq is opening a position for a Project Manager of European projects who can actively contribute to the presentation of new project proposals related to digital participation platforms, social and democratic innovation and alternative financing. The candidate should manage projects in English as well as design, adapt and implement projects in alternative financing, especially civic crowdfunding with strategic communication and digital marketing skills.
We highly value the ability to coordinate and relate to the rest of the team, flexibility in unplanned situations, openness to new ideas, as well as the pro-activity to be autonomous while proposing and improving continuously. We also value candidates with knowledge of technologies that facilitate coordination and communication between the team (that is, Asana, Gdocs, Box, Miro, Mentimeter, etc.)
Project coordination and management:
- Overall responsibility for one or more project management in close cooperation with the EU project coordinator.
- Project progress monitoring.
- Preparation and processing of technical and narrative reports as well as support with financial reports.
- Coordinating, monitoring, and drafting project deliverables and training packages in all their components (technical, administrative and financial), in collaboration with other functional areas of the organization.
- Maintain continuous and adequate communication with organizations and collaborating institutions and other stakeholders of the projects.
- Organizing teleconferences/ project meetings/ workshops/ conferences.
- Assess the quality and impact of training undertaken and draft related reports to improve and inform funders of the program.
- Ensure that project files (physical and digital) are updated, as well as other monitoring tools used in the organization.
- Coordinate and collaborate for the production, communication or dissemination of project activities to ensure the success of activities and dissemination.
- Organize teleconferences / project meetings / workshops / conferences.
Project proposals monitoring and preparation
Monitoring of suitable European funding schemes and programmes.
Responsibility for the preparation and writing of EU proposals
Collection of information from partners, processing of written inputs and background documents
- Excellent oral and written skills in English (interview will be in English)
- At least 3 years experience in project management and coordination
- Knowledge of European Projects and Programs Management
- Experience inExperience in seeking funding for projects and fundraising managing European Projects
- Experience and interest to work on deliberative democracy and social justice related projects
- Digital participation platforms knowledge, particularly Decidim
- Availability to travel in Europe
- Initiative, proactivity and target oriented
- Change adaptability, teamwork and autonomy
- Feminist and inclusive approach and overview
- Business skills.
We will also value
- Experience in carrying out or advising crowdfunding campaigns
- Experience or knowledge about the blue economy
- Experience in Design Thinking methodologies and similar skills.
- Feminist and inclusive approach and overview
- Experience in counseling or training for entrepreneurs (viability plan, business model).
- Experience in ICT-related services and user management.
- Experience in nonprofit organizations or social and solidarity economy
- Approximate start date in April-May 2023
- Part time (20 working hours per week) permanent contract, 6 months probationary period
- Starting salary between 11.352,46€ and 14.945€ gross per year (for 20 hours per week). Review possibilities at 6 month tenure
- 23 working days of holiday + between 5 and 8 extra days of rest
- Flexible working hours
- You can work from the Barcelona office, Palma de Mallorca or remotely. If you work remotely we want to see you at least a couple of days a month.
- Work on significant high-impact projects related to civic engagement, open technologies, open data, participation and transparency.
- Annual foundation retreat where we spend 3 days together. Throughout the year we also have other face-to-face moments
- Coffee and tea in the office
- Bring your dog to work
Work in Fundación Platoniq
The team is divided in different cities so although some of us meet physically almost every day in the offices in Palma or Barcelona, we coordinate digitally most of the time. The whole team meets at least once a year for the strategic and care summit.
Despite being a remote team, we really appreciate the occasions when we can meet up with our teammates, whether in teams or with the whole organization - these will be moments rich in emotions! At Platoniq we face the daily challenge of collectively organizing work oriented towards democratic innovation and citizen empowerment, in a way that is coherent with our values and organizational principles. To this end, the people in the team are distributed according to their skills, knowledge and experience in interdependent functional units that we call offices.
In addition, as a sign of our desire and commitment, we have created the Care and Organizational Health Commission, whose mission is to promote and ensure that the cultural change process is carried out to enable the development and care of the Platoniq team.
How to apply
Do you identify with this role? Write an email to email@example.com and send us your CV with a motivation letter, telling us why you are interested in working with us and what you can bring to the Foundation and specifically in the role described. Please include "EU Projects" in the subject line.
We are committed to creating equal opportunities for all, regardless of background and nationality. For this reason, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from racialised people, people with functional diversity and people who identify as LGTBQ*IA.
On behalf of Fundación Platoniq we process the information you provide for purposes related solely and exclusively to this recruitment process. The data provided will be kept until the end of this process or until you exercise your right of withdrawal. Therefore, you have the right to access your personal data, rectify inaccurate data or request its deletion when the data is no longer necessary. You may exercise this right by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The data will not be passed on to third parties.