Area: Office Management and administration
The Platoniq Foundation designs digital participatory tools and processes and facilitates innovative participatory methodologies to help build more democratic and just societies and organizations, making use of open civic technologies.
She is also the promoter of the civic crowdfunding platform Goteo.org, through which she finances initiatives with a social impact -regionally, nationally and internationally-, promotes cooperatives and reinforces the Social and Solidarity Economy as a whole. For this reason, the Foundation is a member of the XES (Xarxa d'Economia Solidària de Catalunya). Every year, Fundación platoniq trains an average of 250 people in its workshops on ICT, Design Thinking, deliberation and civic crowdfunding, and participates in more than 20 national and international events related to technology and culture with more than 10,000 participants.
The Foundation promotes transparency, the collaborative and ethical economy, democratic innovation and the replicability of experiences.
Summary of the offer
At Fundación Platoniq we seek to incorporate into our team a commercial profile with leadership and action capacity, which motivates the creation of the Foundation's marketing area, from analysis and benchmarking, design or improvement of services, to sales and presentation. of the private services we offer. We are looking for a person who also has knowledge of fundraising for fundraising and the creation of public and private alliances who can understand and defend our mission. We are looking for a professional who is capable of planning, creating and executing a Business Plan for the areas in which the Foundation works (digital products and services, training, support for organizations, public institutions, data analysis, democratic innovation consultancy... ) and that is capable of originating and strengthening strategic relationships, cooperation alliances, relationships with large donors and potential clients of the different services and actions in the Spanish and international territory. This interdisciplinary profile will work collaboratively, especially with the Head of the Foundation's Management and Administration area and the Coordinators of the executive and Communication Areas.
- Creation, design and development of the commercial area and business models according to the recent reorganization of the Foundation by offices and areas of expertise; creation of flows, database, segmentation, acts of representation and commercial documentation.
- Develop the commercial action plan of the Foundation
- Generation of materials for sale or presentation.
- Plan commercial activity based on the decisions of the Board of Trustees and management of the foundation, annual action plan and business plan.
- Conduct commercial prospecting for new markets and potential customers.
- Achieve the goal of new clients determined by the Foundation's Management.
- Prospecting of private financing sources; sale of services and presentation of the activity in strategic spaces.
- Preparation and management of proposals for awards
- Search for philanthropists, institutional allies or/and entities; Contact and representation meetings, public relations tasks for the management and expansion of the Foundation's Board of Trustees, large donors, collaborators.
- Presence in key forums and conferences for the interests of the Foundation
- Collaborate in the fundraising campaign with the communication team through direct contact with strategic entities and people.
- Relations with any of the strategic actors and alliances in coordination with those responsible for the areas
- Alignment with democratic and inclusive values of the Foundation
- Higher Degree preferably in Business Administration and Management, Marketing, Public Relations, International Relations or similar. Postgraduate training in sales, national and international fundraising, master's degree in CSR or similar will be positively valued.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in fundraising and relationships with companies and foundations at a high level.
- Notions of product design and product management
- Experience in customer acquisition and creation of alliances.
- Very good communication skills in written and spoken English (minimum qualification B2 or higher). Knowledge of a second language and knowledge of Catalan will be valued.
- Advanced knowledge of digital and office tools (especially Google drive, Asana, Notion, Canva, Holded and CRM).
- Valuable knowledge of Law 49/2002, of December 23, on the tax regime of non-profit entities and tax incentives for patronage; and Law 38/2003, of November 17, General Subsidies.
- Be a proactive, responsible, organized person, with a preference for teamwork and results orientation
- Have good communication and public relations skills
- Availability to travel nationally and internationally (mainly European countries) as well as to visit the Palma or Barcelona office twice a month.
What we offer
- Permanent contract with a 6-month trial period
- 40 hour weekly shift. If you want to work fewer hours per week we can adapt to your needs
- Starting salary between €22,704 and €27,544 gross per year depending on the profile provided (for 40 hours per week). Possibility of salary review and establishing an amount of commissions according to recruitment objectives
- 23 working days of vacation + between 6 and 8 extra days of rest
- Flexible schedule
- Possibility of working in the Barcelona office or remotely from Madrid. Residents in other large Spanish cities or in Palma (where we have an office) will also be valued.
- Work on significant, high-impact projects related to civic engagement, open technologies, open data, participation, and transparency
- Annual retreat of the foundation where we spend 3 days together. During the year we also have other face-to-face meetings
- Coffee and tea in the office
- Bring your dog to work
Work at the Platoniq Foundation
The team is divided into different cities, so although some of us physically meet almost daily in the Palma or Barcelona offices, we coordinate digitally most of the time. The entire team meets at least once a year for the strategic and care summit.
Despite being a remote team, we highly value the occasions when we can meet up with teammates, be it in mini-groups or with the whole team. You will see that they will be moments rich in emotions! At Platoniq we face the challenge of the collective organization of work aimed at democratic innovation and citizen empowerment on a daily basis, in a manner consistent with our organizational values and principles. To do this, the people in the team are distributed according to their skills, knowledge and experience in interdependent functional units that we call offices.
The Management and Administration Office is one of these 4 offices together with the Communication and research, Inclusive Democratic Innovation and Participation. In addition, as a sign of our desire and commitment, we have created the Organizational Care and Health Commission, an internal space whose mission is to promote and ensure that the process of cultural change is carried out that allows the development and care of people who they are part of Platoniq.
How to apply for the position
Do you identify with this role? Write an email to email@example.com and send us your CV along with a motivation letter, explaining why you are interested in working with us and what you can contribute to the Foundation and specifically in the role described. Include “Commercial” in the subject line. If you want to be part of a heterogeneous, vital team with a great desire to work to improve our society, do not hesitate to throw away your cv.
We are committed to creating equal opportunities for all, regardless of the background and nationality of the candidate. For this reason, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from people of color, people with functional diversity, and people who identify as LGTBQ*IA.
On behalf of the Platoniq Foundation, we process the information you provide us with purposes related solely and exclusively to this contracting process. The data provided will be kept until the end of this process or until you exercise your right to cancel. Therefore, you have the right to access your personal data, rectify inaccurate data or request its deletion when the data is no longer necessary, being able to exercise it at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The data will not be transferred to third parties.