Area: Inclusive Democratic Innovation Office
The Platoniq Foundation designs participatory digital tools and processes and facilitates innovative participation methodologies to contribute to the formation of more democratic and just societies and organizations, making use of open civic technologies.
It is also the driving force behind the civic crowdfunding platform Goteo.org, through which it finances initiatives with social impact - at the regional, national, and international levels -, promotes cooperativism, and reinforces the whole of Social and Solidarity Economy. Therefore, the Foundation is a member of XES (Xarxa d'Economia Solidària de Catalunya). Each year, the Platoniq Foundation trains an average of 250 people in its workshops in ICT, Design Thinking, deliberation, and civic crowdfunding, and participates in more than 20 national and international events related to technology and culture with more than 10,000 participants.
The Foundation promotes transparency, collaborative and ethical economy, democratic innovation, and replicability of experiences.
We need to incorporate into the Goteo team a profile that is responsible for the review, advice, and accompaniment of crowdfunding campaigns on the platform, as well as user support and training. It would be a hybrid profile that understands the innovative, technological, and social activity of the Platoniq Foundation. We are looking for an empathetic, organized, and proactive person who can integrate into the team and knows the Social and Solidarity Economy sector well.
We value the ability to coordinate and relate to the rest of the team, flexibility in unplanned situations, receptivity to new ideas, as well as proactivity and autonomy while proposing and continuously establishing improvements. We also value being able to handle the technologies that facilitate coordination and communication among the team (i.e. Asana, Gdocs, Box, Miro, Mentimeter, Clockify, etc.).
- Start date: April 2023 approx.
- Full-time position from Monday to Friday (flexible)
- Initial salary between €22,704 and €24,541.10 gross per year depending on the profile provided (for 40 hours per week)
- Type of contract: Permanent with a 6-month trial period
- Workplace: Barcelona, Canodrom - Digital and Democratic Innovation Ateneo
- Flexibility in schedules and place of work
- 23 working days of annual vacation + between 6 and 8 days off
- Availability to travel in Spain and internationally.
Functions and Tasks
- Advice for improving communication campaigns and social media strategy of the projects that come to the Goteo platform
- Writing, analysis, and evaluation of projects
- Functional accompaniment on the Goteo platform, publication, and monitoring of campaigns
- Analyzing and monitoring the evaluation of impellers' advice and proposing and implementing improvements to the service
- Attention to users of the Goteo platform through email
- Conducting training on civic crowdfunding and communication for groups of potential impellers and interest groups
- Detecting opportunities and collaborations to create new crowdfunding campaigns in the ESS sector
- Review, propose improvements to the platform, and write manuals with the rest of the team
- Support in the coordination, organization, and development of projects, participating in meetings, and making reports in coordination with other team members.
- Possible participation in the implementation of European projects
- Training and knowledge exchange with colleagues from the Foundation
- Training related to digital communication, community management, marketing, entrepreneurship, social innovation, crowdfunding, new technologies, or similar
- Excellent language communication skills in Spanish and Catalan
- Good professional level of English communication skills
- Demonstrable experience in content management and online communication campaign strategy and crowdfunding campaigns
- Experience in writing, analysis, and evaluation of projects
- Experience in non-profit organizations, foundations, and/or Social and Solidarity Economy
- Experience in facilitating workshops
- Knowledge in digital technologies
- Presentation skills in public and networking to attract opportunities and projects
- High organizational and analytical capacity for planning and problem-solving
- Active listening skills, empathy, and patience
- Initiative, proactivity, enthusiasm for facing new challenges
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a team
- Innovation capacity
- Feminist and inclusive perspective
- Self-awareness and attitude of permanent learning
Will be valued
- University education related
- Presence in the social economy sector and contact with the national and European ESS network
- European legal knowledge about alternative financing
- Knowledge in policy making
- Knowledge of other languages such as French and Italian.
- Understanding of digital participation tools
- Training on gender and inclusive/anti-racist communication
- Training or experience in facilitating groups, group dynamics, participatory processes, and power and rank issues.
Working at the Platoniq Foundation
The team is divided into different cities, so although some of us physically coincide almost daily in the offices in Palma or Barcelona, we coordinate digitally most of the time. The entire team meets at least once a year for the strategic and care summit.
Despite being a remote team, we value very much the occasions when we can meet among team members, whether in small groups or with the whole team. You will see that these will be rich moments of emotions!
At Platoniq, we face daily the challenge of collective organization of work oriented towards democratic innovation and citizen empowerment, in a coherent way with our values and organizational principles. To this end, team members are distributed according to their skills, knowledge, and experience in interdependent functional units that we call offices.
The Inclusive Democratic Innovation Office is one of these 4 offices along with the Communication and Research Office, Hybrid Participation Office, and Management and Administration Office. In addition, as a sign of our desire and commitment, we have created the Commission on Care and Organizational Health, an internal space whose mission is to promote and ensure the cultural change process that allows the development and care of the people who are part of Platoniq.
How to contact us:
Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Goteo Advisor" and send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be interested in working with us. If you are interested in the position but have doubts, you can write to us through email@example.com. Do not hesitate to contact us! We are not looking for the perfect person who has everything, there are many profiles that can fit well in this role.
The Foundation is committed to creating equal opportunities for all, regardless of the background and nationality of the candidate. We are aware of the over-representation of cis-hetero white men in the technology field. For this reason, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from women and non-binary people, people who are racialized, people with disabilities, and people who identify as LGBTQ * IA.