The role of Goteo Foundation in Blue Crowdfunding
At Goteo Foundation we believe that innovation in the blue economy in the Mediterranean will improve significantly if more investment funds are available. The best way we know is crowdfunding and that is why we have joined the project Blue Crowdfunding. Our role is to advise the initiatives and regional administrations as well as the campaigns that are put into practice, to assist in the construction of public crowdfunding policies.
The blue economy is an opportunity to increase the benefits of human activities related to the sustainable use of marine resources. Especially in the Mediterranean countries, the development and promotion of these activities can improve the quality of life of those populations that live near the richness of the sea.
There are many challenges in the development of this economic sector. One of these challenges is the sustainability of projects related to maritime exploitation, in a world where responsibility towards the environment is prevalent and urgent. Therefore, it is important to have an umbrella that welcomes and promotes activities that better integrate the universe of political audiences in cities and regions with productive economic interests.
In croncrete, the expected results for our project are:
1. Capacity building of blue economy SMEs on how to use CF; 2. Transnational blue-crowdfunding cluster with developed CF services; 3. Mainstreaming the international CF trainings in business support institutions; 4. Mainstreaming policy change and recognition of using civic crowdfunding in regions.
The partners involved are Mediterranean countries like Slovenia. Greece, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Italy, Croatia and Albania.
Lead partner: E-Institute - Institute for comprehensive Development solutions (SI)
• Network of the insular CCI of the European Union
• Official Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Shipping of Seville
• Goteo foundation
• University of Algarve – CRIA - Division of Entrepreneurship and TechnologyTransfer
• Cyprus Chamber of Commerce & Industry
• European Crowdfunding Network
• Council of Vlora region
• Campania Region
• Marche Region- Fish Economy, Trade and Consumer Protection Unit
• Faculty of Economics and Businesses, University of Rijeka
• Region of Central Macedonia, Directorate of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Support
The project has a duration of more than 3 years, from September 2019 to June 2022, and the cost is € 2,112,691.00. The project is supported by the INTERREG MED Program of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). Total co-financing amounts: 1,996,946.50 €
As a Foundation, our objectives with the Blue Crowdfunding project are:
• Train for the creation of SMEs of the blue economy as well as the use of crowdfunding
• Create a transnational blue crowdfunding cluster with developed financing services
• Integrate international training in business support institutions
• Incorporate the change of policies and recognition of the use of civic crowdfunding in the regions
On a personal level, the entire Goteo team hopes to continue accompanying projects that provide social and economic benefits to current and future generations. We want to restore, protect and maintain the diversity, productivity and resilience of the ecosystem. Ultimately, we believe that it is through clean technologies, renewable energy and circular materials that we will reduce spending and promote the recycling of materials.